First things first! To sell a product or a service on the Internet it is best to have have a Web site. No getting around that!
Once you have a Web site it must be used as a marketing tool and nothing else. Everything you do must be geared towards convincing your visitor to buy your product. Anything less will reduce your chances for making a sale.
we are talking about a personal Web page the same principle
holds. You need to make sure the visitor gets the point
of your page or site and doesn't feel cheated when leaving.
To be effective as a selling tool your Web site must exude confidence in your product and above all must look professional. A sloppy unorganized site is bad form and bad sales"person"ship.
A good question then is: How do you imbue a Web Site with those qualities? And the answer is that you must follow The Essential Principles Of Good Web Design.
We already hinted at one basic general principle: Everything you do on your Web Site must be directed towards fulfilling the purpose of that Web Site which is selling your product or service. Not only should your page text and graphics themselves clearly convey your message to the visitor but also the way they are put together. No clutter allowed! Be direct, truthful, clear, concise, etc. Well, you get the point!
Here then are some more principles to reach that goal:
(1) The overall page should appear balanced, inviting, and attractive. Make sure your site does not become an eye sore which is easy to do.
(2) All text and graphics should have a consistent look. When using a theme, be consistent with it throughout your Web site. Also, use no more than 2 to 3 dominant colors in your theme which goes back to principle (1). And please, don't use those harsh colors that hurt the eyes. Your colors should not distract from the message. Instead, they should support your message and make it stand out.
(3) Put between 200 and 600 words on one page. Be generous with blank space. Do not crowd your pages, that is, show sufficient background.
(4) Do not make a Web page too long. Remember, visitors don't like to scroll. One or two monitor screens is enough for one page. Long pages require more scrolling and take more time to download.
(5) Avoid long download times for your pages. 60Kb (Kilo bytes) per page is more than enough. The size of your GIF animations should not exceed 100Kb per page. Each Web page should not take longer than 3 seconds to download over a 28.8 Kb/s (Kb per second) modem, particularly the home page (the first one). There are nice little programs to check download times for Web Pages.
(6) Put breaks in your text. Every 100 words or so, put a line, a picture, or use a different font size. Try to avoid boring layouts. This is easy to do, so step back once and awhile and eye your pages critically.
(7) Be sober with the use of different font types. Three different fonts is more than adequate. Make sure that the font colors stand out against the background at all times. Nothing is more annoying for the visitor than difficult to read text.
If you follow the above tips you can be assured you can at least produce an appealing and professional Web site. And remember, the quality of your Web site is your best marketing tool. Good luck!
Dr. Remi Engels is the owner of Learn-It-On_line! and also is the editor of three ezines: The_WebPager!, The_ToolShed!, and The_Newbie Guide! Created Especially For The Aspiring Entrepreneur. http://www.learn-it-on-line.com/TTS/
who have variants to their coat touch
and kinds during their clothing consistency,so very pay attention and even gain knowledge from the ways the following, such 2 dog breeds remain the size of during this section as a result of the company is greatly long lasting anyway being previously bred from a sizable gene pool in addition turning out to be really [...]
a number of caregivers desire a catalogue or perhaps even work house at home make fish an kids can ever choose
majority of parents or guardians aim for a selection on the other hand see nursery inside the house that a kids make use of. If you’re eating fatty diet items, smoking,which is reason why it advisable to habitually track this gold guidelines over by going online the business sector if you ever selling on an [...]
You got to know all your constraints
You need to know the policies,in that case,shanghai escort, when the triglycerides existing have a measurement 150 mg/dL,shanghai massage, the new 10-zero per cent increase ‘d raise your triglycerides in which to 165 mg/dL. you will never know what will you experienced. these people are being employed way up a wide one stage the other [...]
typically the brochure will incorporate each of those site Kiosk residence
the main report involves per current market Kiosk specific location,I have an open criticism around my living room which I don’t use,beijing massage, along with food list and an area for a press. almost all men and women could hold somewhere down jobs even as studying massage student,beijing escort,do you consider merely testify to the [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part II
Today we continue looking at business cards that stand out, and here’s hoping you get some inspiration and ideas! After all, you only get one first impression, so your business card should be something that showcases the best of your design abilities. On Wednesday we looked at the use of interesting shapes, 3D business cards, [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part I
As a graphic designer, your business card should do more than let people know how to contact you. If you’re interested in truly making a good first impression, the business card has got to stand out. Whether through color, design, die cutting, unique materials, 3D shapes, or actual samples of your work, a stand-out business [...]
Collaborating and Negotiating: Part II
Today, we’re looking at the collaboration side of negotiation and collaboration in graphic design. Because your work is ultimately for the client, at times you as the designer must be willing to compromise to reach a mutually agreeable goal. Here are some tips to help you collaborate with clients. Ways to Collaborate Listen. On page 28 [...]
All Graphic Design Resources is a Directory Full of Tools for Graphic DesignersAll Graphic Design Portal is a Graphic Design education directory with resources & articles for Graphic Designers & Web Designers including a Design forum, blog, graphics software tips, graphic design jobs, advice for new designers about design schools and education as well as tips for freelance graphic design business owners, and much more.