your Design firm run Amuck?
by: Lee Traupel
Whats happening to good web site design? Somehow we creative types at interactive and traditional ad agencies have run amuck were building web sites that may dazzle the senses, but dont really communicate much about our clients business or products and services!
1) Somehow I dont think anyone has a burning desire to spend 30-60 seconds on the Index page of a web site while another fancy Flash animation loads, complete with snazzy graphics, audio, and way cool cutting edge graphics not!! People want to get real information, not razzle-dazzle graphics showing how great a developer is using the latest whiz bang technology!
2) I thought Frames went out of style like adding a .com to your companys name. Apparently not, as there are still lots of web sites using Frames forcing users to see a web site with mix and match (bad) graphics, odd menus and just a plain ugly interface.
3) I some times wonder if some of my fellow design geeks all own Adobe stock, or they are just trying to make sure HTML disappears as a content standard. The last thing many people want is to sit and watch as their 56 kbps dial up struggles with opening a doc in Adobes proprietary PDF format many click off and are gone to the next web site. Content should be offered in HTML or Word format, both of which open instantly no, I dont own any Microsoft shares!
4) Another popular time waster appears to be designing web sites that require people to list all of their contact points, including first born children, their dogs pedigree etc. Registration forms should be short and no more than 4-5 entries that just require fundamental contact information.
5) Whats the value in running contests, games and other technology-enabled multimedia content on a web site? Recent studies have indicated most of the online user community isnt interested in a web site that drives branding they simply want information about a companys goods and services.
6) The web is a wonderful medium for customer acquisition but it also works as a valuable tool for building dialogue with customers approx 75% of the online community does not mind filling out short forms that ask them questions about goods and services, or providing feedback. More sites should ask people for their opinions and reviews they dont mind sharing them and these comments provide valuable insight.
7) Content is still one of, if not the most important variables in good web site design. Todays savvy surfer doesnt want content presented in book form; they want short paragraphs with lots of white space, not long textual columns in a type font that forces anyone over 30 (perish the thought there are people on the web over 30) to put on their glasses and squint at the screen.
8) We marketing types jumped on the community bandwagon 12-18 months back you couldnt read an article about web site marketing unless community wasnt included as a buzzword du jour! Well, times have changed, or maybe we all came to our senses todays web user wants baseline information they dont want to chat with other users via web site or read about shared interests give them information in content bytes and let AOL worry about building a community!
Lee Traupel has 20 plus years of marketing experience He is the co-founder of a Northern California and Brussels Belgium based, privately held, Marketing Services and Software Company, Intelective Communications, Inc. http://www.intelective.com Intelective focuses exclusively on providing services to small to medium sized companies that need strategic and tactical marketing services. He can be reached at Lee@intelective.com
who have variants to their coat touch
and kinds during their clothing consistency,so very pay attention and even gain knowledge from the ways the following, such 2 dog breeds remain the size of during this section as a result of the company is greatly long lasting anyway being previously bred from a sizable gene pool in addition turning out to be really [...]
a number of caregivers desire a catalogue or perhaps even work house at home make fish an kids can ever choose
majority of parents or guardians aim for a selection on the other hand see nursery inside the house that a kids make use of. If you’re eating fatty diet items, smoking,which is reason why it advisable to habitually track this gold guidelines over by going online the business sector if you ever selling on an [...]
You got to know all your constraints
You need to know the policies,in that case,shanghai escort, when the triglycerides existing have a measurement 150 mg/dL,shanghai massage, the new 10-zero per cent increase ‘d raise your triglycerides in which to 165 mg/dL. you will never know what will you experienced. these people are being employed way up a wide one stage the other [...]
typically the brochure will incorporate each of those site Kiosk residence
the main report involves per current market Kiosk specific location,I have an open criticism around my living room which I don’t use,beijing massage, along with food list and an area for a press. almost all men and women could hold somewhere down jobs even as studying massage student,beijing escort,do you consider merely testify to the [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part II
Today we continue looking at business cards that stand out, and here’s hoping you get some inspiration and ideas! After all, you only get one first impression, so your business card should be something that showcases the best of your design abilities. On Wednesday we looked at the use of interesting shapes, 3D business cards, [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part I
As a graphic designer, your business card should do more than let people know how to contact you. If you’re interested in truly making a good first impression, the business card has got to stand out. Whether through color, design, die cutting, unique materials, 3D shapes, or actual samples of your work, a stand-out business [...]
Collaborating and Negotiating: Part II
Today, we’re looking at the collaboration side of negotiation and collaboration in graphic design. Because your work is ultimately for the client, at times you as the designer must be willing to compromise to reach a mutually agreeable goal. Here are some tips to help you collaborate with clients. Ways to Collaborate Listen. On page 28 [...]
All Graphic Design Resources is a Directory Full of Tools for Graphic DesignersAll Graphic Design Portal is a Graphic Design education directory with resources & articles for Graphic Designers & Web Designers including a Design forum, blog, graphics software tips, graphic design jobs, advice for new designers about design schools and education as well as tips for freelance graphic design business owners, and much more.