"Yesterday, I was browsing through some online marketing forums. I’ve realized that many newcomers to the online business have no idea what are the things they should look for when they select their next designer.
So, here are the top 10 criteria for a smooth and successful design project.
1. Ask around Always ask you friends for recommendations. Chances are that someone that did a great job for your friends will do the same for you.
2. Look for someone that has a big portfolio displayed on his site Many samples mean that the designer has many clients and a lot of work done in his past. Design is a continually learnable skill so the more you work, the better you are.
This will lead us to the next criteria:
3. Work experience Look for someone that has at least 5 years of experience in the field. Anything less and you’ll have an amateur to deal with.
4. See how the portfolio is designed This will tell if the designer takes pride in his work. A lousy presentation of otherwise awesome designs is a big no, no.
5. Make sure that you like his style Nothing is worse than to work with someone that has different preferences compared to yours. Don’t you trust me? Ignore this tip and you’ll see for yourself.
6. Ask for references Contact the designer’s references. This is the best way to find out how well they handle the pressures of deadlines and how well they work independently or in a team environment.
7. Make sure that his work is suitable with what you need Designing for web is different than designing for print. An awesome looking image on the computer screen might be a total failure when printed. Always ask the designer if he will be able to provide you with images suitable for what you need.
8. Does he provide the images required for your design? Or do you have to purchase them separately? You might close a great first looking deal, only to find out later that you have to pay extra for the images used in the design. These can add pretty quickly to the expenses line.
9. Does he have the rights to use the images he’s using? If not, you might be opening the Pandora’s Box when you hire him. Should you settle for something cheap and then look back with fear over your shoulder for the rest of your life?
10. Location This is important for bigger projects. You might want to hire someone that lives in the same city with you if you need him to work closely with your team. Otherwise, you might want to consider someone that lives overseas.
Because of lower life costs in poorer countries, many skilled designers will work for much less than a local designer. This is one of the reasons a higher price doesn’t necessarily mean a better design.
Perhaps, you should find out for yourself with the best quality/price ratio by checking out my AbsoluteCovers.com site "
Ovi Dogar may be contacted at http://www.absolutecovers.com
Ovi Dogar is specialized in the creation of professionally custom made covers that really sell. You can view some recent samples of his work at AbsoluteCovers.com
who have variants to their coat touch
and kinds during their clothing consistency,so very pay attention and even gain knowledge from the ways the following, such 2 dog breeds remain the size of during this section as a result of the company is greatly long lasting anyway being previously bred from a sizable gene pool in addition turning out to be really [...]
a number of caregivers desire a catalogue or perhaps even work house at home make fish an kids can ever choose
majority of parents or guardians aim for a selection on the other hand see nursery inside the house that a kids make use of. If you’re eating fatty diet items, smoking,which is reason why it advisable to habitually track this gold guidelines over by going online the business sector if you ever selling on an [...]
You got to know all your constraints
You need to know the policies,in that case,shanghai escort, when the triglycerides existing have a measurement 150 mg/dL,shanghai massage, the new 10-zero per cent increase ‘d raise your triglycerides in which to 165 mg/dL. you will never know what will you experienced. these people are being employed way up a wide one stage the other [...]
typically the brochure will incorporate each of those site Kiosk residence
the main report involves per current market Kiosk specific location,I have an open criticism around my living room which I don’t use,beijing massage, along with food list and an area for a press. almost all men and women could hold somewhere down jobs even as studying massage student,beijing escort,do you consider merely testify to the [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part II
Today we continue looking at business cards that stand out, and here’s hoping you get some inspiration and ideas! After all, you only get one first impression, so your business card should be something that showcases the best of your design abilities. On Wednesday we looked at the use of interesting shapes, 3D business cards, [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part I
As a graphic designer, your business card should do more than let people know how to contact you. If you’re interested in truly making a good first impression, the business card has got to stand out. Whether through color, design, die cutting, unique materials, 3D shapes, or actual samples of your work, a stand-out business [...]
Collaborating and Negotiating: Part II
Today, we’re looking at the collaboration side of negotiation and collaboration in graphic design. Because your work is ultimately for the client, at times you as the designer must be willing to compromise to reach a mutually agreeable goal. Here are some tips to help you collaborate with clients. Ways to Collaborate Listen. On page 28 [...]
All Graphic Design Resources is a Directory Full of Tools for Graphic DesignersAll Graphic Design Portal is a Graphic Design education directory with resources & articles for Graphic Designers & Web Designers including a Design forum, blog, graphics software tips, graphic design jobs, advice for new designers about design schools and education as well as tips for freelance graphic design business owners, and much more.