Back to Graphic Design Articles
by Kay Zetkin
In Graphic Design, not all graphic design skills come naturally. This reads true as well with advertising design. This article will guide you through the process of designing and launching a print ad. If you are a graphic designer, reading this article is essential to hone your print advertisement design skills.
Do you often see print advertisements outdoors, as much as you see Web advertisements when you surf through the Web? I’m pretty sure that you have entirely different views and reactions upon seeing and actually taking notice to these two different kinds of advertising. The differences may vary in their use of color, typefaces, and space.
Whatever else the difference is between Print Ads and Web Ads, many would still prefer the traditional print advertisements in order to promote their business, products or services. Not all people have access to the Web, such that Print Ads are still widely used and appreciated. It is also practical for a short-term marketing plan or strategy.
• Take advantage of a small space by not crowding too much information into it. Leave a white space which can actually lead your reader to the important information.
• Ads with large photos or illustrations of merchandise get higher readership and appreciation than those with small illustrations or no art.
• People do not actually read your copy, but take a look at your visuals. Thus, make your photographs or illustration occupy at least half of your entire Ad.
• You must know now how your readers read, so that you could strategically place your content and not be left unread.
• Typography is an important key to effective communication. In your print ads’ headlines, avoid all capital letters. Our eyes and brains are conditioned to identify lower case letters and words. Letters and words in lower cases may just be glanced over, but with full comprehension since people are familiar with them. People also tend to read words by the shape of the word and not by reading individual letters thus, your print ads’ words must be of a distinctive shape.
• Your print ads must be consistent with important information placed where readers would expect to see it. Consistency is an important aspect of your print ad since most readers must be exposed to it seven times before they notice it or take action on it. Your ad must have consistency in: o Logo o Color o Typography o Margins and borders o Layout o Spacing o Photographs and captions
• You must also be consistent in your page lay out and other design elements like contrast, balance, etc.
• On top of everything else, you have to make sure that your print ad communicates the main point of your advertisement – the main attraction and the necessary information for your prospective clients.
For your print ads to turn out successfully, you must have at least a single great idea, on top of several good ideas. Remember, there’s a world of difference between a great idea and a good idea.
About Author Kay Zetkin:
For her, writing is an effective tool to express your viewpoints... To write is already to choose, thus, writing should be done along with a critical mind and a caring soul. She hopes to become more professional, skilled and mature in her craft. Aside from writing Kay likes to spend her time reading.
About Digital Printing Company Digital Printing Company offers high impact digital printing solutions from prepress scanning and graphics design to customizing documents using Variable Data Imaging technology. They specialize in short run printing of books, manuals, and flyers, as well as large format printing of posters and trade show graphics. For more information, visit their website at www.digitalprintingcompany.com
who have variants to their coat touch
and kinds during their clothing consistency,so very pay attention and even gain knowledge from the ways the following, such 2 dog breeds remain the size of during this section as a result of the company is greatly long lasting anyway being previously bred from a sizable gene pool in addition turning out to be really [...]
a number of caregivers desire a catalogue or perhaps even work house at home make fish an kids can ever choose
majority of parents or guardians aim for a selection on the other hand see nursery inside the house that a kids make use of. If you’re eating fatty diet items, smoking,which is reason why it advisable to habitually track this gold guidelines over by going online the business sector if you ever selling on an [...]
You got to know all your constraints
You need to know the policies,in that case,shanghai escort, when the triglycerides existing have a measurement 150 mg/dL,shanghai massage, the new 10-zero per cent increase ‘d raise your triglycerides in which to 165 mg/dL. you will never know what will you experienced. these people are being employed way up a wide one stage the other [...]
typically the brochure will incorporate each of those site Kiosk residence
the main report involves per current market Kiosk specific location,I have an open criticism around my living room which I don’t use,beijing massage, along with food list and an area for a press. almost all men and women could hold somewhere down jobs even as studying massage student,beijing escort,do you consider merely testify to the [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part II
Today we continue looking at business cards that stand out, and here’s hoping you get some inspiration and ideas! After all, you only get one first impression, so your business card should be something that showcases the best of your design abilities. On Wednesday we looked at the use of interesting shapes, 3D business cards, [...]
Business Cards: Ideas and Inspiration, Part I
As a graphic designer, your business card should do more than let people know how to contact you. If you’re interested in truly making a good first impression, the business card has got to stand out. Whether through color, design, die cutting, unique materials, 3D shapes, or actual samples of your work, a stand-out business [...]
Collaborating and Negotiating: Part II
Today, we’re looking at the collaboration side of negotiation and collaboration in graphic design. Because your work is ultimately for the client, at times you as the designer must be willing to compromise to reach a mutually agreeable goal. Here are some tips to help you collaborate with clients. Ways to Collaborate Listen. On page 28 [...]
All Graphic Design Resources is a Directory Full of Tools for Graphic DesignersAll Graphic Design Portal is a Graphic Design education directory with resources & articles for Graphic Designers & Web Designers including a Design forum, blog, graphics software tips, graphic design jobs, advice for new designers about design schools and education as well as tips for freelance graphic design business owners, and much more.