You May be a Design Redneck…
By Lois Knight
I am an avid Jeff Foxworthy fan and have been since early in his career when he defined just what a redneck was. I am happy to report; I am a true redneck in good standing. But as a graphic designer I have noticed a few things that some of us do and say that enter us into the arena of the redneck theology that the esteemed Mr. Foxworthy has left out. If you are a design redneck it is time for you to stand up and be counted. I will take the number 1 spot. Here are a few of my observations:
You may be a design redneck…
- If you think a JPEG is a large party kegger.
- If you think websites are where lots of spiders hang out.
- If you think Photoshop is a new form of vocational training.
- If you think a complimentary color scheme is plaids and stripes, you may be a design redneck.
- If you think Clipart is something you cut out of the Sunday funnies, you might be a design redneck.
- You might be a design redneck if you think toner is rubbed on before going outside.
- You may be a design redneck if you think software is your under garments after washing with fabric softener.
- If you think typography is related to the hill behind your house.
- If you think InDesign is a new wave rock band, you might be a design redneck.
- If you think a light bulb moment is when you open the refrigerator door.
- You might be a design redneck if you think advertising is a new way to pick up chicks.
- You might be a design redneck if you think TV Guide qualifies as a reference manual.
- You might be a design redneck if you think copyright is a term from your Hooked on Phonics lessons.
- You might be a design redneck if surfing the web includes the use of soap.
- If you think Gestalt is a blessing in German for sneezing, you might be a design redneck.
- You may be a design redneck if you think AA stands for something besides an Associates degree.
As graphic designers, sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously. Take a moment, lighten up, and smile. You will find the world is a much nicer place when you take time to laugh at yourself once in a while.
You might also enjoy some other similar Graphic Design Humor articles on our blog:
Google if it Was Designed with Comic Sans - Spoof, Parody, Funny Joke
[tags]graphic design humor, graphic design humour, design humor, design humour, design jokes, graphic design jokes, silly design[/tags]
By Lois Knight - You can also see Lois Knight’s Articles on Freelance Folder
DID YOU LIKE THIS DESIGN POST? IF SO, PLEASE HELP US BY ADDING US AS ONE OF YOUR TECHNORATI FAVORITES AND BY ADDING OUR ARTICLES TO YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL BOOKMARKING SITES (BELOW)
del.icio.us | Digg it | Furl | ma.gnolia | Netscape | RawSugar | reddit | Simpy | StumbleUpon | Yahoo MyWeb |