What to Expect with a Wacom Cintiq Drawing Tablet (and How to Set up Your Cintiq)

I love my wacom cintiq

I Love My Wacom Cintiq I Am Obsessed with My Wacom Cintiq

[Also check out our previous article - Which Graphics Tablet to Buy]

Since I have purchased my Wacom Cintiq 12WX, I have done nothing but draw. It was love at first sight. I know that some people like to see how expensive items are packaged so I had my husband, Josh, take pictures of me taking the Cintiq out of the box. The Cintiq 12WX was packaged very well and had a lot of foam protecting it from damage.

Opening Packaging for Wacom Cintiq 12WX

What was included with the Cintiq 12WX? Included in the Cintiq 12WX package:

* Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display
* Grip Pen
* Pen Stand
* Five Replacement Pen Nibs
* DVI-I to VGA cable adapter
* DVI-I to DVI-D cable adapter
* Converter Unit
* AC Power Adapter
* Power Cable
* USB Cable
* Quick Start Guide and User Manual
* Installation CD (includes driver software and electronic manual)
* Application DVD (includes application software):
o Adobe® Photoshop Elements (6.0 WIN / 6.0 MAC) for editing, retouching, enhancing, organizing, and sharing digital photos
o Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4.0 for creating natural media art and turning photos into paintings
o Nik® Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE6 for selectively applying lighting and photo enhancements with the pen
o Wacom Brushes 3.0 for 81 customized brushes for use with Photoshop CS+ and Photoshop Elements 4+

If You Love to Draw and Paint, You Have to Get The Cintiq

I don’t think that many of you know this about me, but I am a muralist as well. I have probably painted at least a 100 murals. I used to run a charity that provided free murals to children’s hospitals, shelters, homes of sick or abused kids, etc. So I Love to Draw and Paint. I still paint a few murals a year and I try to draw whenever I have free time. If you love to paint or draw, you are going to love the Wacom Cintiq. The Cintiq comes with Corel Painter Essentials. When you get it, use it…it is the best software out there for drawing and painting (in my opinion) because you can really get the effect of natural drawn or painted projects. Also, I suggest taking the terrific Lynda.com (Link to a Free 1 Day Pass) Painter X course. I hadn’t used Painter since college, so I was a zillion levels behind on Painter. Wow has it come a long, long way.

I’ve Been Having Too Much Fun Drawing with the Cintiq & Painter X

My friend, Carolina, has a really cool cake business where she makes the most beautiful cakes. She has been fiddling around with trying to make a web site and I offered to help her. Well, I knew right away that I was going to use Painter X and my Cintiq to design her site. I even put rollovers on every link. I had way more fun than a person should ever have ‘working’. Check the site out…it isn’t completely done yet, but you will get the feel of it. The woman in it is a caricature of Carolina … isn’t she cute.

Web site drawn using the Cintiq - Custom Cakes

How to Set Up Your Wacom Cintiq 12WX

Calibrate Your Pen to Work With Your Digital Tablet

After you install the software (this is self-explanatory), you will want to calibrate your Cintiq. If you try to use your Cintiq tablet without calibrating it, you will notice that your pen is a 1/2 inch or so off the mark every time. I know this because for some reason, I woke up yesterday and all of my button functions I had set up had disappeared along with the calibration being out of whack. This is the only problem that I have had with the Cintiq so far. Either way, take the time to calibrate your Cintiq or you will be very disappointed with it.

First, find the application on your computer that is called Wacom > Wacom Tablet Properties…mine is in my startup menu (I’m on a PC). Click on the ‘Calibrate’ tab (I have circled it in red below).

Wacom > Wacom Tablet Properties.

Below, you can see what your screen will look like while you are calibrating your digital pen and tablet.

Calibrate your Wacom Cintiq 12WX Tablet

What the screen will ask you to do is to touch your pen in the center of the cross hairs. It will only calibrate to the top left and the bottom right of your screen, and then you are all calibrated. It is that easy.

Setting Up the Functionality of Your Digital Pen Eraser / Back of the Pen

If you didn’t realize it, you can turn your digital pen around and use the back end of it as an eraser. I didn’t change the settings on the eraser and it works perfectly fine for me. However, if you don’t like the way that the eraser is set up, there is a tab in the Wacom Tablet Properties window that allows you to set up the feel of the eraser (whether it is firm or soft) and if you click on ‘Details’ a window opens up where you can test out which firmness works best for you. You can even set up the back end of the pen to not work as an eraser, but as another function such as a double-click or as a keystroke function such as ‘undo’.

calibrate your wacom cintiq12wx digital pen eraser

Set Up the Functionality of Your Digital Pen

There is also a ‘Pen’ tab (circled in red below) that opens up another panel. One thing that I found annoying about the pen was that I kept clicking on the button accidentally which is a problem when the default action is to right click. So every time I hit the button accidentally a menu came up (what happens when you right click on things). So the way to deactivate the button, is to drag down until you click on ‘disable’. Check out the picture below. I believe the picture below will make changing your pen’s settings easier for you to understand.

setting up functionality and calibrating your digital pen

Basically, there is only one button on the pen, but it can click either forwards or backwards. Change the settings of the back and the front button click by dragging down on the menu. Like I said above, I prefer to deactivate the button’s functionality.

The Tip “Double Click” Distance controls the Pen Tool’s sensitivity to double-click inputs, adjusting and calibrating the speed that you are accustomed to double clicking, and the accuracy with which you can aim the pen when clicking on an icon or link. The default setting for “Double-Click Speed” is the midway point between slow and fast.

The Tip Sensitivity is a setting to change the pressure sensitivity of the pen’s tip. If you are someone who is always laying your pen upon the surface, you will want a lower sensitivity setting. If you are someone who tends to draw with lighter pressure, then you will want to set up a higher sensitivity or the tablet might not catch all of your strokes.

The Tip Feel is a setting to change the way the tip is set up. When a pencil tip is soft, such as the Tip Feel, it will allow your line, brush stroke or anything to become wider and the sharper a pencil tip is, firmer the Tip Feel, the more control and smaller the line and brush stroke will be. If you are confused, try to think of non-digital drawing items. If you are using a pencil, the tip would be thin and hard, while a soft brush would be softer and lighter than a pencil. Right? Try to think of it in this manner.

Do All of These Settings Seem Confusing to You? Don’t worry about it, just press the ‘details’ button and try it all out to see which works best for you.

Set Up the Functions on Your Wacom Cintiq Tablet

I really love the function buttons on my Cintiq. I have a laptop, so being able to sit back in my chair with my feet up is something that I like to do. I can’t hold both the laptop and the Cintiq tablet in my lap, so I don’t use my keyboard when I use my digital tablet. That is where the function buttons come in handy. Take a look below for more details on setting up your function buttons.

Setup Your Wacom Cintiq Digital Tablet Expresskeys and FUnctions

You can set up the functionality of the buttons to do almost anything that you would do on the keyboard (other than type). You can select ‘Keystroke’ from the drop down menu and then type in a shortcut in the window that comes up…such as Ctrl-X for Cut. You can see how I made one of my buttons represent ‘Undo’ by using Control-Z…all I do is press control Z on my keyboard and this ‘Define Keystroke’ window types in {Ctrl}z for me.

Cintiq define keystroke

Set Up the Touch Strip Functions on Your Wacom Cintiq Tablet

I use my left touch strip all the time for zooming in and zooming out. However, I turned off the right touch strip because my right hand kept touching it. However, everyone is different. Check out the Touch Strip tab to create your own settings. You can also click on the ‘Advanced’ button to set up more complicated functions for your Touch Strip.

Touch Strip Setup for Cintiq 12WX

Typing / Writing with Your Cintiq

There are a few ways that I can write with the Cintiq. I usually just write with the pen and then click the insert button.The 2nd box below also uses the pen for handwritten script, but for this one, you put a letter in each square and then if the computer doesn’t recognize the letter, there is a drop down box to choose the right letter. And the bottom box is a keyboard…just click the right key.

This is how I type and write with the cintiq

Where to Buy the Wacom Cintiq 12WX

The Cintiq 12WX sells for just under $1000. The best price I was able to find from a reputable dealer was at Amazon for about $50 less. I don’t suggest buying this from ebay or somwhere that doesn’t have an excellent return policy, since in researching the Cintiq before I bought it I read about people getting them without the glass properly affixed. This is too delicate and expensive a product to deal with someplace shifty for the purchase.

Also, if you don’t currently own Photoshop, the version of Elements that comes with the Cintiq does qualify for an upgrade price to the full version of Photoshop using a special deal Adobe has with Wacom. This gets you Photoshop for around half price. Of course most people who are looking at getting the Cintiq probably already own Photoshop, but if you don’t this is a great bonus.

Want to Know More? Ask Me

I don’t know what else to write about, so if you have any questions…Ask me and maybe I will write about it.

Also check out our previous article - Which Graphics Tablet to Buy

[tags]wacom cintiq, wacom cintiq12wx, wacom, drawing tablets, grapics tablets, digital graphics tablets, graphics tablet pen, cintiq, wacom cintiq, wacom tutorials, wacom lessons, cintiq tutorials, cintiq lessons, wacom tablets, graphics tablets for designers, lcd graphics tablet, graphics display, graphics tablet monitor, graphics tablet display, graphic design, illustration, drawing, web design[/tags]

1. Dennis Lord
    Posted January 7, 2009 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

I have been enjoying my Cintiq 12 and then when I returned to a drawing I had begun in Painter,, I found the pencil or other tools drew and inch or more from the cursor and pen tip on the screen. Calibration didn’t help. The cursor does appear where it should at the place the pen touches the screen, but the line that is drawn is no where near it.
    Any ideas. I don’t know if I changed some setting in Painter or if the Cintiq is the problem.
    Thanks for any response.

2. admin
    Posted January 7, 2009 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Hi there Dennis. I would be crushed if this happened to my Cintiq so I can imagine how upset you must be. I actually heard someone who had a similar problem…they called up Wacom and they replaced it that day. They didn’t even wait to first get back the one that was damaged before sending out the new one. I would get on the phone with Wacom immediately to tell them about the problem. Write back to let me know what happens. Good luck.

Rachel
    Admin

3. Posted January 8, 2009 at 1:29 am | Permalink

Wow, thanks so much for covering this. I’ve been debating for awhile which Wacom model I want to get. However, I heard the cord is in a weird location. Do you think so too, Rachel?

Creative Media Resources: http://www.presidiacreative.com/

4. Posted January 8, 2009 at 2:14 am | Permalink

Oh wow, that’s amazing. I’m still using a Graphire (no complaints about it even after 2 years haha) but I’ve tried the Cintiq out at a local fair (including the biggest one) and I loved it. Would probably try and get one in a few months. Congratulations on getting one! :)

5. Rudy
    Posted January 8, 2009 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Hi everybody, I project to buy a cintiq but I need to know something before . Can someone help me? I use photoshop of course and 3d software but I work especialy on the appel video application like final cut, motion, soundtrack etc. My probleme is not simple. I want the cintiq 12 but on the other side I m afraid it will be too small cause of the resolution 1280×800 not practical fot a timeline in video application and the cintiq 21 is too big for take it everywhere I go. Thanks for your response
    By the way my names is Rudy David… See ya

6. admin
    Posted January 8, 2009 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

Eric: I don’t find the cord to be in a strange place. However, all the cords that come with it make it hard to move it from one spot to another (for example if you have a laptop and you want to move to the couch). There is a box that you connect a cable to from the Cintiq tablet and then from that box, 2 cords get connected to your computer / laptop. So this affects the ability to transport it easily. However, I don’t find it a problem, once I use it. However, the vga ports on laptops don’t have a spot to screw in pins so when I stick it into my computer and move my laptop into my lap, I have to be careful that the vga cord doesn’t come out of the laptop. But, other than that, while I am using it, I’ve never had any problems with the cords getting int he way of me drawing.

Kat: Thanks…I hope you can get one too. :)

Rudy: I don’t work on video, but I can tell you that the screen is a lot bigger than I thought that it would be. I think if it was any bigger, I wouldn’t be able to use it on my lap the way that I do. Personally, I wouldn’t want the bigger Cintiq. Hopefully someone who uses the Cintiq for video can give you more input on that. I know that you were also asking because of the resolution issue, but I have had no problems with it at all.

7. Rudy
    Posted January 8, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Thank you very much Admin for your fast response. I almost convince that I got to buy it just I wait to have more information about the video users applications. Thanks again see you

8. Posted January 8, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

Awesome write up. How long have you had it? I’ve read that it can get pretty scratched up on the screen. Check out Veerle’s review of Cintiq 12″ here: http://veerle.duoh.com/blog/comments/testing_the_wacom_cintiq_12wx/

I think there were references to the screen scratches there.

I’m currently using a Wacom Intuos3 6×11 and I love it. Hoping to “upgrade” to a Cintiq one day.

9. Posted January 8, 2009 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Really great run down of the cintiq, i really want to test one of these … gunna have to find sum where now!

10. admin
    Posted January 8, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Rudy: If you find out more information about using it with video, I’d love to hear what you find out.

John: Hi there. Thanks for the nice comments. Until you posted that link, I hadn’t checked out Veerle’s blog post. I draw with so much pressure that when I use my kids’ crayons they all break under the weight of my hand. So far, I haven’t scratched the screen at all, but if anyone is going to scratch it, I will. I call my Cintiq my baby (as a joke to my husband) so I will be very depressed if I scratch hit. LOL - Thanks for posting that link. :)

Max : Hey Max, nice to see you here. I haven’t spoken to you in a while. I’m glad that you like the article. You should definitely get your hands on one of these, if anyone would love it, you would.

Rachel
    Admin

11. Posted January 13, 2009 at 1:35 am | Permalink

Well, im not an offline artist, but it sure looks great from where i sit…

12. Posted January 23, 2009 at 1:59 am | Permalink

RE: Typing / Writing with Your Cintiq

What is this software? I just installed my new CINTIQ and I don’t see this anywhere. Did it come with the tablet? Thanks very much for any help you can provide! Karla

13. admin
    Posted January 23, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Hi there Karla. If you have a window, go under your start menu and look for Wacom Tablet and click on Wacom Tablet Properties. However, if you are talking about the last part of the article where I was typing on my cintiq with that little application…there should be a tab on the left side of your screen…click on it and that typing screen will open. I hope that this helps.

Rachel
    Admin

14. Posted January 25, 2009 at 1:04 am | Permalink

Hi, Rachel. It was the latter part I was talking about. I tried — I get no tab on the left hand side of my screen. Is there any way you can look and see what the program’s name is?? Thank you so much! Karla

15. Posted January 25, 2009 at 1:16 am | Permalink

Ohhh…I think I know why … take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms704870(VS.85).aspx - the Tablet PC Input Panel is for Windows Vista and above…you probably don’t have Windows Vista…am I right? What operating system do you have?

16. Posted January 25, 2009 at 2:26 am | Permalink

LOL, WIndows XP, svc pk 3 .. of course! Oh well, figures … Thanks for your help. Karla

17. admin
    Posted January 25, 2009 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Hi there Karla. It looks like you can download it here for XP - http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5023 - but I don’t know if this is a reliable site or not. If you try it, let me know if it works.

Good luck.
    Rachel
    Admin

18. Melissa
    Posted January 26, 2009 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Hi there… My cintiq light is not blue, it’s still orange, and I get no display on the tablet itself, though when I move the pen around, it functions just fine. What should I do to make the display show on the actual tablet?

19. Posted January 27, 2009 at 1:00 am | Permalink

I’m a lightweight in the world of digital editing. Actually, I just ordered my first tablet (just the intro bamboo without the mouse), but your review of this thing makes me hope that I have some success with myself to get to the level of using something so cool. How long have you had this?

20. Posted January 27, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Rachel, I thought I would give you an update in case anyone else has my situation.

I am running Windows XP (SP3) with Office 2003 (SP3).

The Writing Pad functionality DOES exist, through Office 2003. However, the SP3 update breaks it.

In order to get the functionality, I had to uninstall Office, then reinstall it from my original discs. I then backed up the original file that gets broken in the updates \program files\common files\microsoft shared\INK\penusa.dll

Then I installed the updates to Office. Once done, I had to restart my computer in safe mode and copy the orignal copy of penusa.dll to the above directory.

Wacom sent me an instructions on how to activate the writing pad functionality:

Open the Control Panel and click on the “Add or Remove Programs” icon.

Select “Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003”; then click the “Change” button.

Select the “Add or Remove Features” option; then click the “Next” button.

Select the “Choose advanced customization of applications” box. Then click “Next”.

In the drop down list under the ‘Microsoft Office’ icon double-click “Office Shared Features”.

From the drop down list under the “Alternative User Input” icon, click “Handwriting” and then “Run
    from My Computer”. Click “Update”; then “OK”.

Open the Control Panel again, Double click “Regional and Language Options”, Select the “Languages” Tab
    and then double click the “Details” button.

In the ‘Preferences’ section click the “Languages Bar” button, then select box (1) “Show the Language
    Bar on the desktop” and box (3) “Show additional Language bar icons in the task bar”. Click the “OK”
    button.

Now click the “Advanced” tab and tick the box in the ‘Compatibility Configuration’ section which is
    labelled– “Extend support of advanced text services to all programs”. Click the “Apply” button.

Finally Restart your Computer. Handwriting is now activated and a menu bar should appear on your
    desktop and/or in the menu task bar. (Look in the top center of the screen.)

Open an Office program, such as word. Try using your pen to write something. If it doesn’t work, select Writing Pad from the tool bar. Note — If you want the image of what you write to be placed in the document, click on the inkpot button. Otherwise what you write will be converted to text and inserted into the document.

I hope this helps others and saves them the day of research it took me to fix the problem! Cheers! Karla

21. Wendy
    Posted January 31, 2009 at 11:52 am | Permalink

thanks for your great instruction on the cintiq. i just got a cintiq 12wx but am having calibration problems. i can tap the upper left cross hair, but the lower right crosshair is barely visible. if i wave my hand with the pen i can slowly drag part of the cross hair into view but when i tap it, nothing happens, so i cannot calibrate. could this be an issue of different resolutions, my monitor is one resolution and the cintiq is another??? i have changed resolution on my main monitor downward, but this does not really help much. thanks for any insight you may have. wendy in atlanta

22. Posted February 1, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Great tutorial Rachel.
    I love my Cintiq too.
    I have been using a 21UX since early ‘06 for all of my artwork. My clients include Olgivy and Mather and some major newspapers here in Australia.

I also use it for teaching (I have been teaching cartoon Art for 16 years) and my on-line graphic novel.

My Cintiq is my most prized possession. I could not live without it. I do have a 12WX but only use it for demonstrations of these fantastic devices to graphic artists and students. (I love these things so much I became a consultant for Wacom)

In regards to video editing… I use mine (the 21UX) to edit my TV shows with great success. It is so much faster than using a mouse.
    I haven’t used the 12WX for this yet but it should be fine. As you say the screen is actually pretty large when its right in your lap.

If anyone is interested I have a ‘Tips n Tricks Newsletter for Graphics Tablet Users’ that you can subscribe to from my website, http://www.cartoonprofessor.com

The only problem I have discovered is if you are using the 21 inch model for a few hours the screen does get very hot and uncomfortable. The 12 inch does not seem to have this problem.

A simple solution is to cut the toe and heel out of an old sock and use it as a glove.

Once again, great write-up.
    Keep on drawing.
    Kind Regards,
    Cartoon Professor

23. Posted February 2, 2009 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Nice post.. now, i’m wondering, i’m seriously considering getting a cintiq… i think it’ll really allow me to use my drawings skills on a digital level, much more so than the wacom bamboo I’ve got at the moment. Both are great, but which would you recommend. samller of bigger cintique?

24. luan
    Posted February 3, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

hi, I have also recently bought a tablet. I love it. I want to use it more. My only problem is (this may be because of my lack of Photoshop skills) that in Photoshop you cannot use the pressure sensitiveness of the pen to create harder / softer, thicker / thinner lines by simply using pressure. I know you can do this with coral painter (the software that comes with the tablet, right?). Is there a plugin that you can download and install into photoshop to give it this ability? I’m sure there is, photoshop has everything. Anyway, I love the article, and I love my wacom.

25. Posted February 4, 2009 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Luan, Photoshop has great pressure sensitivity. It must be the tablet you are using. Is it a Wacom?

Wacom tablets are designed to be extremely effective in Photoshop, not just for pressure sensitivity but also for pen angle, etc.

Youseff, ask yourself how portable you need to be… If you plan on working from the one place on a desktop computer, the extra size of the 21UX wll come in handy. If you use a laptop and want to work in different places, use the 12WX.

I have both, but only use the 12WX for demonstrations. I do all my work at home on my 21UX.

I hope you don’t mind me answering these questions Rachel. : )

26. Posted February 17, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Great post on the Wacom Cintiq…I’ve been patiently waiting for the price to go down over the years…it’s time (:

27. Erik
    Posted March 5, 2009 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for this writeup. It’s better than Wacom’s site for their own product. It’s convinced me to buy one.

28. Lucia
    Posted April 8, 2009 at 5:04 am | Permalink

Hi, and thanks for so much information on your cintiq. I have had mine for a few months now, and am as obsessed as you. :)
    I have the 21ux, and sometimes wish I had bought the smaller one for portability, but that’s for another day.
    I recently moved mine to my computer that has Vista installed and a far more advanced graphics card [Nvidia].

I color calibrated the cintiq, but no matter what I do [see hair pulling out here] my blacks seem on the warm side. I have calibrated monitors over and over for my work, but this one has me puzzled. I am wondering, and just have to ask other cintiq owners if their blackpoint or when viewing ’some greys’ if it is a little warmer than a cold-neutral grey.

Everything else is normal. No white balance issues or overexposures etc. All is fantastic, but the darks with slight warmth are worrying me.

On this page -: http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/ the last two greys appear slightly warm to me.

Pleeeeease???? What do you or others see?

I’m worried that Nvidia’s color management is interferring with Wacoms profile, but I am hoping it may be normal.

Anyway, thanks so much for the rest of your info! It’s great to see others that are really into the cintiq. :=)

~Lucia

29. Carl
    Posted May 12, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

How would it work with a Mac Bookpro? I understand it’s not going to work with an iMac….

30. Tony
    Posted June 4, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Very helpful post… Quick question, maybe unusual though… I currently have an Intuos3 but sketch outside the computer on bristol board placed on the desk in front of the monitor where I view reference material… after I scan & work in photoshop or painter… Question is this, can the cintiq be configured to display reference material on the monitor while having graphics software on the tablet simultaneously, seems redundant to have both displaying the same thing… I wouldn’t consider tracing on an underlying layer, not an option… Thanks!

31. YT
    Posted July 8, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for the review. It was very helpful. I am curious as well about the scratches that I have been seeing a lot of people mentioning. Granted it may seem like a lot but I have seen a bunch of different sites who have mentioned that they have scratches on their screen. Does anyone else have this problem. Has anyone tried any screen protectors? I am seriously thinking about getting this one however I am curious to see if they will come out with a cintiq with the new intuos 4 technology.

32. Posted July 30, 2009 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Hi Rachel,
    My very generous daughter-in-law and son just gave me the Wacom Cintiq as a gift. I was up until all hours last night getting it set up and learning about it. My daughter in law has a Cintiq and she has been singing its praises, but I didn’t realize how versatile this tool was until I had one of my own. I know I will make great use of it.
    I do have a couple of questions:

1. What is the easiest way to switch back and forth between the Cintiq and my regular monitor?

2. In your tutorial you covered writing and using this on-screen keyboard. Where do I find this keyboard?

Love,
    Your Father in Law
    Terry

33. christopher
    Posted September 16, 2009 at 7:24 am | Permalink

hello I wonder how to match the color on my cintiq to the one on my display, because if I only use the one my cintiq the colour will look all different on my computer screen. on the cintiq itd more blue tone and on the computer (hp pavillion dv7) its red toned or warm. also ho w do I fix the function with having a zoomed screen on my cintiq and having it outzoomed on my computer, beacuse now its just cloned.

best regards chris

34. admin
    Posted September 16, 2009 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Hi Chris,
    There are a few things you can do to try to get your Cintiq to match your computer monitor’s color. On your computer monitor, there should be a button or tab which allows you to set the monitor’s color temperature. If your computer monitor is too warm, try changing the color temperature to daylight setting (8000k to 8600k).

The next thing you might want to try is to recalibrate your Cintiq by using the programs xrite or spyder found on the Internet. Let us know how it goes. Take care. :D

4 Trackbacks

1. [...] A Review of & Tutorial for Using the Wacom Cintiq Graphics Tablet - A very positive review of the Wacom Cintiq Digital Graphics Tablet and a tutorial on how to set up your Wacom Cintiq. [...]

2. [...] Visit Source. Looking for More Design Inspiration? [...]