Graphic Design Schools - Part I
Experience may be the best teacher in your graphic design career, but there is a lot to be said for formal training. Given the countless programs available, choosing what’s best for you can be tricky. Let’s break it down.
Top Graphic Design Schools
According to US News, the top schools for graphic design are:
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Cranbrook Academy of Art
- Yale University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- School of Visual Arts
- California Institute of the Arts
- Pratt Institute
- California College of the Arts
Criteria for Choosing Your School
There are countless others that provide an excellent education, so how do you choose? Some factors to consider may be:
- Geography: Is the school close to your job, favored climate, or family?
- Curriculum: Does the school provide courses that cater to your specific needs?
- Student Body: How large is the program and what do students typically do upon graduating?
- Finances: What is the tuition at each school and what are the financial aid options?
When to Attend Graphic Design School
In this increasingly competitive market, graphic design training is a good idea whether you’re a veteran in the biz or a student. If you have been out of school and practicing for a few years, enroll in courses at a local college to stay up to date with new technologies or techniques. Or, if you are a student and want to further your graphic design education, take a hard look at the full-time programs to see where you fit best.
DID YOU LIKE THIS DESIGN POST? IF SO, PLEASE HELP US BY ADDING US AS ONE OF YOUR TECHNORATI FAVORITES AND BY ADDING OUR ARTICLES TO YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL BOOKMARKING SITES (BELOW)
del.icio.us | Digg it | Furl | ma.gnolia | Netscape | RawSugar | reddit | Simpy | StumbleUpon | Yahoo MyWeb |